Thursday, December 3, 2009

Monday 11/16/09

Monday the 16th of November, 2009 was the day I got kicked out of one of the most important things in my life. It was awful I was so stoked to go to BTC that night, too. My mom told me that Travis (the co-creator of an after school program called Bridges Outreach) called and wanted to meet with us. I was like "okay, that's weird" but I wasn't worried or anything like that. My mom called Travis and asked where we should meet him. He told her that he'd just come over to our house. I was still cool.

Then Trav knocked on the door and my heart kicked into over drive, not for the reason you think, but because all of a sudden I felt that something was off. When I opened the door all my fears were confirmed. He looked like he was coming to my house to deliver me the death sentence. It wasn't that bad-but it was bad enough. Bad enough to ruin me, bad enough to make me regret the whole last year of my life, and finally-bad enough to make me cry. Not because Trav was being mean, but because he was brutally honest. He told me how he felt about the things I posted on Facebook and how he didn't like how I was treating him and others, too. He told me that he was done with letting that happen. I didn't want to hear it, not then-not ever. It was, I don't know what it was-the worst possible word in the world could not describe how I felt at that point in time-when he told me that I was out of BTC. He said quote-"I'll call you in a couple months".

Before Travis left he gave me a letter. It wasn't from him, he was just passing it along. I thought I couldn't feel any worse than I already did, then I read the letter. There is no thousand words that could describe how bad I felt after I read that letter. I finally cried myself to sleep sometime after one in the morning. To say the least it wasn't a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment