Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Shattered Dreams and My Surrender

Okay, so last night I finally got done reading Shattered Dreams. It's a great book, where ever you are in you walk with God. I like to think that through reading this book I've become more understanding of the way God works. He works on His terms, not ours. He does what He knows is right for us. We might not think it's the right thing for the here and now, but it is the right thing for us down the road.

The road, what do you think of when you hear that word? Do you think "Place we drive on" or "path we walk on"? For me as of now I choose to think of "The Road" as the path I walk on. By "path we walk on" I mean our journey to closeness with God. I just recently discovered that, that-closeness with God- is our ultimate dream. We just don't know it yet. I also learned that the desire for that closeness with God is only achieved through broken or shattered dreams. Only when we're at our lowest point, when we're out of options, when we feel that no one really understands, and when we feel hopeless and out of control only then will we utterly and completely surrender to God. Now I will tell you the story of my surrender.

My surrender is a long story of buying in and copping out and buying in and coping out again, and then once and completely giving everything to God. It was easier than I thought, but yet everything I expected. I've been told for the longest time that it's not about being worthy of His love (because none of us are) it's about the grace and mercy he bestows upon us. It's about saying "God I can't do this by myself anymore, I need your help, I want your help. I surrender to your will for my life because without you I'm nothing, but with your help and guidance I can be what you intended for me to be. Thank you, Father." That was (and still is) my prayer. I know that my life now will not be easier, but now,-with God- my life will be a path walked by two, not one.

4 comments:

  1. Good words Dondo, good words. Keep it up! I want a weekly post please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. who is this, if I know then maybe I'll be more motivated to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...that was Phil...which is why I didn't know about the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay now that, thats all settled maybe I can post something new.

    ReplyDelete